Telecom , Travel and Things of Interest

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Butterfly Garden Visit


Watching Butterflies at Owlekarwadi in Thane was a fun !

Went with BNHS to learn about butterflies at the butterfly garden at Thane. Owlekarwadi is a place dedicated to butterflies. I was amazed at two things - one the amount of people who had come there. And also the age. Good to see interest and time available to spend !!
After a good overview about the concept and basic butterfly information , we went on the field.

I could learn and see a lot of butterflies in this area and what I realised is that even around my house there are some butterflies which I have failed to notice these years.

I also took this opportunity to take pictures..and a lot of them...some of them are here :








Some of them are from my 100mm Tokina Macro and some normal.

Owlekarwadi is easily accessable from Thane or Mumbai and is a place which is build to support butterfly population. So nature lovers should try this place.

I took 25 minutes driving from Goregaon on the WEH and Godhbunder road to reach this place.

Its a nice sunday family outing with a brunch included to make your spouse happy !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home